Fight Club Fans: Okay, So We're All Breaking Rule 1 & Talking About Fight Club, But There's A Good Reason:


GREAT NEWS! 

Author Chuck Palahniuk is working a sequel that will be published in May 2015 as a 10-issue comic book series for Dark Horse Comics


Way way way back in 1995 or 1994, I went to a reading at Seattle's University Books attended by 5 people, me, my husband, a man in a hat, and two friends of the author.  

The author went on to say that "he heard, Fight Club, was going to be made into a movie, and he heard that maybe Brad Pitt would be in it."

I remember thinking, "No one's here."  But he read and talked about his book, and spoke as if there were 50 of us in the room.

That was one of the first readings Chuck Palahniuk did for his book, Fight Club, when no one had any idea who he was.  I read the book and was hooked.

Now I've learned, it's going to be comic book series. Can I tell you how much this makes my heart beat? Quite a bit.

How it happened? 

From the article:

"I messed up and said I was doing the sequel in front of 1,500 geeks with telephones," Palahniuk said. "Suddenly, there was this big scramble to honor my word."


Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/fight-club-sequel-to-be-published-as-comic-book-series-next-year-20140722#ixzz38Ow5o3EO 


~ Kells
Don't Miss a Post ~ Subscribe to Book of Kells by Email

Comments