Weekend Confession: Pity Parties & Refocusing for Fall



Dear Reader,

It's been a week and a half since I last confessed, sliding in late has been my summer way, but it's the end of the August with summer slowing down and autumn beginning to show in the red leaves, so let's begin--

I confess I've been a little emotional lately, a little overly-dramatic.

I've been trying to figure out what's causing this--life, hormones, not enough sleep, too much summer--but I've found myself in this wah-wah space not counting my blessings, but instead wanting to scream: I'm broke and everyone is eating my candy!

Yes, welcome to the pity party version of my life.

Truth be told, I am not broke, it just feels as if there's this open window and all the money in my hand keeps blowing out through it (completely missing the savings account).  However when I feel "broke" I have to remind myself of the fact that if you are currently living in the US right now and making over $25,000 a year: Congratulations, you are one of the richest 1% of the people in the world.  Seriously.

This is why I hate it when I get all cranky and poor-me-ish.   I just want to tell myself to shush up.

But it's so weird when you know you're *not* supposed to feel a certain way (rationally), but you still do emotionally.

So, I'm thinking about fall, thinking about my upcoming projects and making plans (I like to make plans)--

Here's what I'm focusing on this fall:

BLOG:

Will continue Confession Tuesday
      (and hopefully, *on* Tuesday, none of this any-day-of-the-week summer nonsense)

Will focus my Thankful Thursday posts on books & authors I love and have read


BOOKS:

Will be publishing a book of poetry exercises called The Daily Poet with Martha Silano in late 2013

Finish up edits for Hourglass Museum, a book of poems by White Pine Press


TWO SYLVIAS PRESS:

We'll be putting out Dear Alzheimer's: A Caregiver's Diary & Poems in eBook edition by Esther Helfgott this November.


There is so much good in the world.  I can forget it when I'm feeling slumpy.  When my guardian angel is saying, Hey babe, settle down...

Sometimes I need to just sit down, count my blessings, and put life in perspective.

And well, everyone is not eating *all* my candy, but I didn't really want to share my meltaway mints.  Still learning, I am... still learning.

Amen.

~ Kells

  ~ Don't Miss a Post ~ Subscribe to Book of Kells by Email

Comments

  1. Dearest Kelli,
    Thank you so much for this... a very familiar confession, which means (you know) that you are not alone in this! And now I feel less alone too.
    Love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Kelli,
    Thank you so much for this... a very familiar confession, which means (you know) that you are not alone in this! And now I feel less alone too.
    Love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.