The Universe Listens - New Agey Woo-Woo on Being Aware What You Wish For?



Careful What You Wish For--

For the last 13 years, I've made a vision board on a long January evening with three other friends.
For the last 2 years, I've been putting images of travel on there, places I'd like to visit and saying, "I'd like to travel more..."

This year, it seems all that mind-focus has added up as I have a trip planned.  But then another surprise trip came up two months later.  And I was asked to teach in three other places that need some travel and a couple nights of overnight stay.  I am now traveling this year, more than I have in the last thirteen.  It's a little surprising, not overwhelming, but surprising. (Okay, maybe a tad overwhelming.)

And that's okay.  I needed a kick out of my stay-at-home comfort zone.  I needed to get out of my casual and comfortable homebody lifestyle.

But it made me really think about my thoughts and making sure you stay focused on what you want instead of what you don't want.

Here's an example--

My husband has been trying to win a Go-Pro camera from the last six months.  Every day he signs up for a drawing, it's become a morning practice.

He says, "I really want a Go-Pro camera."

And I said, "Well, you've got it."

And he said, "What?  I don't have a Go-Pro camera."

And I said, "No, you have your wanting."

~

The universe wants to give you what you need, but you have to make sure you're sending your requests correctly.

If you want to *want* for things--it will give you that--a life of wanting.
If you want to *do* things--it will give you that too-- a life of living.

~

When Letters from the Emily Dickinson Room came out, I was at Susan Rich's home.  I said, "I'm so excited about my book, what would be amazing is to have Poetry Daily choose a poem from it to feature on their website."

Seriously, within twenty minutes of saying that out loud, I received an email from Poetry Daily telling me they were featuring one of my poems.

White Pine Press called me about my second book winning the prize about two months I had a small tantrum at my computer (after submitting my book to a TON of contests) and saying (again, out loud because I'm such a nerd), "Okay, I'm done revising, this book is completed, find it a home to be published."

Seriously.  I said that.  Desperation builds faith better than anything I know.

Forget growing up a Catholic family, when I am tired of something and I hand it over to a higher power--whether God, the universe, spirit, guardian angels, energy--whatever you believe, I find things are taken care of in a better way than I could ever do myself.

Yes, call it new agey woo-woo, call it faith-based nonsense, call it the laws of physics, positive thinking, a false reality, karma, the hand of God, a skewed perception, coincidence, synchronicity (the Police's fifth and final album), luck, cuckoocraziness, or a poppyseed muffin.

Call it all of that, but I'm keeping this belief and feeling close to me.  Our thoughts and actions matter.  Our daily choices about what we do and what we think will determine our future.

And be thankful what you do have and want comes to you...

whether it be a Go Pro Camera (which we still do not own) or a smile from a stranger.  We and them and all of it, are connected.  Watch for it.  You may be surprised (as I have been) with what you see.


~ Kells

  ~ Click here to subscribe to Book of Kells by email or in your favorite reader

Comments

  1. "Desperation builds faith better than anything I know."

    So true, Kelli. Thanks for the reminder to seek results ("do") rather than wishes ("want").

    And congratulations on your newfound life of travel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was very comforting to read this today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK - I need to practice saying that Berndnaut Smilde will grant me permission for his beautiful art work. He will smile on my project and be happy to have his clouds as part of my cloud pharmacy. I can't wait to hear from him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just stumbled across this blog, but I absolutely loved this post. A life of doing versus a life of wanting. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.