Confession Tuesday: The Gratitude Edition



Dear Reader,

It's been a tough week for many so today's confessions are a gratitude list of what I love & are thankful for.

To the confessional--

I confess the simple things--turning on the heater, hot showers, food in the refrigerator, unpolluted drinking water from the tap, shelter--are things I am thankful for daily.  I have little idea how any of them really truly work, but am thankful for all of them.

I confess I'm constantly amazed how I can send email to people around the world and they get it in seconds.

I confess I am thankful for both science and spirituality and do not feel you have to choose one or the other.

I confess I love Total cereal and seeing it in the morning makes me happy.  As does coffee. And bubble water.

I confess when I heard of the school shooting I looked this video and it made me feel better:



"Take away my trouble, take away my grief
   Take away my heartache..."
I confess I am thankful for geography.  My life is good because of where I was born.  And my parents. And who is around me.  There's a lot things I had no control of and I am thankful they all worked out for me.

I confess all the things that make me nutty about my family--their messes, the chaos, the emotional highs & lows, the details, the scheduling--I am thankful for because without them, I would be sad and lonely.  These are the people who keep my heart alive and warm and give me reason to live.

I confess I can't imagine living a life without pets.

I confess sometimes I look at my golden retriever and think he is the most beautiful dog in the world.

I confess tragedies remind me of the heartbeats around me and people & pets trump everything in the end.

They give me love, love, love, love, crazy love...



Thank you. Again and again.

Amen.




~ Kells

  ~ Click here to subscribe to Book of Kells by email or in your favorite reader

Comments

  1. I love this song. I recently referred to it in a story I was writing, but this is the first time I've heard this version with Van Morrison and Ray Charles- brilliant -thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.