Confession Tuesday... Sickness & NEAs

What my head feels like as I confess...


Dear Reader,

It's been one week, one full Thanksgiving, and waking up sick today since I've last written.  My head is hazy so I better get going.

To the confessional--

I hate being sick.  I feel as if it's a waste of time.  And I confess, I have been sick more in the last three months than I was all last year.  I'm not sure why my immune system is down, but it definitely is.

And I'm a terrible sick person because I feel as if I'll never be well again or have energy.  I feel as if I'm wasting my life.  I know, I'm also quite good at exaggeration as a sick person.

~

I confess while I was not one of the NEA Grant winners, I do know quite a few of them (which is like saying, "While I don't live on the island, I'm quite familiar with the palm trees" or something like that).

Here's the list.

One day I will be a winner, not just a participant...she says in her sick voice.

~

I confess I've been writing odd tweets on Twitter about writing.  (You can follow me here.)  I've been bored with Twitter lately, and while they are not as good as Patricia Lockwood's poetry sexts, they are keeping my fingers busy when I'm not writing poems.  (Wait, I haven't been writing poems!)

~

I confess I still have at least two more lists of books that I loved this year to share.  Tomorrow will be my poetry list.  But I also have a short list of eBooks and long list of nonfiction/memoir books I read and loved this year.

I must say, there were a lot of great books out this year (no, I did not read Shades of Grey, nor will ever).  There are never enough books in the world.  Keep writing.  Get them out in the world.

Amen.

~ Kells

  ~ Click here to subscribe to Book of Kells by email or in your favorite reader

Comments

  1. I know I will see you on that grant list one day.

    I look forward to your poetry list tomorrow, and I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better, Kelli.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.