@webbish6 Jeannine Hall Gailey Writes about her path to becoming a poet -->

Kelli & Jeannine in tiaras as they should be.


I am always interested in how we ended up as writers, poets, and artists because the path is never the same, nor straight.

Jeannine Hall Gailey writes at SheWrites how despite health issues and being a tech-writer first, she ended up as a poet and going back to school to get her MFA.

 And you know what I wanted to do? The same thing I wanted to do when I was ten years old: write poetry. My husband encouraged me to go back for an MFA in poetry, to try to send out a book of poetry. Why not give it a try? What did I have, at that point, to lose? The answer was: nothing.

If you want to see the path Jeannine took from child who loved poetry and wanted to be a poet to now, you can read the whole post here.

I think it's a good reminder that we each have things that take away from our time.  We each make a choice every day to write or not to write.  Make your challenges work for you and listen to that inner voice to tell you where to go.



Share

Comments