A Month of Letters (for February!) Take part...



Drew Myron connected me with this incredible project-- A Month of Letters Challenge.

Here's the thing-- if you know me, you know I adore snailmail, realmail, postcards, mailart, notecards, and stamps.

I always have.

So when I read that writer Mary Robinette Kowal came up with this idea, I had to take part.

Here it is with a link to her original post:


  1. In the month of February, mail at least one item through the post every day it runs.  Write a postcard, a letter, send a picture, or a cutting from a newspaper, or a fabric swatch.
  2. Write back to everyone who writes to you. This can count as one of your mailed items.


I plan on taking part.  I do Valentines, so I feel slightly ahead of the challenge, but will sit down by the fire and write some special correspondence as well.

happy letter writing.


Share

Comments

  1. Hi Kelli,
    I haven't commented in ages, but read your blog faithfully. Was moved to chime in now, because of your post on the month of letters. I found out about the month of letters from Rachel Bunting and have been writing and enjoying the whole process. I don't write snail mail, usually, although I love to receive it, but I have enjoyed myself enough that I plan to make February a letter writing month every year. Don't laugh. It's the only way I shall put pen to paper, if I know myself.
    margo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always enjoyed writing and receiving letters because both writer and reader are touched. With so much of life now rushed and off-the-cuff, letters demand that we slow down, contemplate and consider.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margo--
    I think it's a great idea! I have a friend who keeps her Christmas cards she receives and every week puts one on the mantel to think about that friend, then she writes that friend a letter. (She's very organize and disciplined, obviously!) But I love letter writing and I think a focusing on doing it a month a year is a great idea!

    Drew-- I completely agree. To me, letters are small treasures received, even the opening of them is magical to me. Slowing down is so important in a world where we are sometimes two steps ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.