Confession Tuesday

Photo from AstroBob blog:  http://astrobob.areavoices.com/


Dear Reader,

It's the day after Halloween and I am on a sugar-low.  Actually, I've been just on a regular low the past few days.  I'm not sure where it came from.  I haven't been taking my vitamins or getting enough sun/outdoor time.  In the Northwest, we are known to be deficient in Vitamin D.

But it's that time again, so I need to pep up to start the confessions.

To the confessional--

I confess I had not planned to do the poem-a-day for November, but only because I had completely forgotten about it.  I think I'll try, though will probably not post poems here and if I do, they will be up for a day then down.

If you're interested in writing a poem-a-day for November, here's the first prompt.

~

I confess going out trick-or-treating with my daughter for Halloween last night made me feel a little better.

We normally go to a big celebration in a neighborhood, which is more like a street party (read: kids running everywhere, extreme decorations and adults wandering the street with alcoholic beverages).  This year my daughter was invited by a friend to a different neighbor.

I confess I wasn't sure this was going to be a good idea.

However, as I walked the street with another mother, I enjoyed it.  There were enough kids for it to be fun and for me to see all the cute costumes, but not enough to be overwhelming and chaotic.

There was an incredible crescent moon and a fog on the hillside of yellow and red leaves. I tried to photograph it then realize some memories we just have to work hard to keep in our minds.  This will be one I will remember.

~

I confess that I *constantly* need to remind myself that I do not enjoy larger groups of people where I am required to be social.  (See Halloween-Past).  It amazes me how often I need to check in and realize many times to remember this.

It's sort of like that Talking Heads song, "Once in a Lifetime" except instead of finding myself with beautiful car and a beautiful wife, my song is more like-- You will find yourself standing in a large chaotic group of people and you will ask yourself, 'My God, how did I get here?'"

~

I confess after Trick-or-Treating, I came home and watched It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown with my daughter because we had missed it before Halloween.  This movie always kicks off the holiday season for me.  And as I was watching it, I was wishing I would have spent a few more days before Halloween roaming a pumpkin patch or just experiencing autumn more (my favorite time of year).

Of course, Autumn doesn't end on November 1st.  But this is my emotional state--longing for something I already have.  It's confusing that way.

~

I confess I long for more visible moons in the sky.

Amen.
~
Share

Comments