Thursday, July 07, 2011

Thankful Thursday - Oregon Poetic Voices



The Oregon Poetic Voices have put the audio of the poems I read at Wordstock on their website.

If you want to hear what I sound like or see the poems I read, you can do so here.

If you only have time to listen (or read) one, I recommend, "Natural History Lesson on a Hike to God's Point."


What's great about their website is how many poets they highlight. You can see the full list here.  And listen to them.

The also have a section for teachers on how to teach poetry with some great links.

So there we are, Oregon Poetic Voices-- I'm thankful for their work in Northwest bringing more poets to more people and making it easy for people to learn about poetry.

~

Oh and my history with Oregon?  My family, the Russells came from Tennessee to Oregon and settled in Coos Bay in the 1800's.  And yes, there's still a Russell Ranch (and a Russell Cemetery) we plan on visiting again this year.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

What a delight, Kelli. I'm so pleased to know of the site; I plan to revisit it and perhaps highlight it in one of my Saturday Sharing posts.

Poetic Soul said...

I'm on my way to check it out

Kelley said...

Great site and I loved hearing your voice!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Most Popular Posts