Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Confession Tuesday -




Dear Reader,

It's been 7 days since my last confession, with 11 days left in National Poetry Month and one poem in your pocket day...let's just begin.

To the confessional--


I confess I dislike "Poem in your Pocket" (PIYP) day, mostly because of the name.  Could they have thought of something a little less creepy?

I confess when I hear PIYP day, I become a little Mae West and think, "Is that a poem in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?"

I confess, I may keep a poem in my pocket, but I would probably not share it with a stranger.  A friend?  Yes.

~

I confess I was surprised that my last confession about ghosts didn't get even one comment on someone's own ghost story.  I confess now I wish I would have waited until October to confess this instead of during daffodil season.

I confess timing is everything.

~

I confess I'm currently working on manuscript 3.  I am really excited about this manuscript even though I'm not sure what I'm doing.  But I'm really excited while I'm doing it.

I confess this manuscript idea came to me while driving up the hill in a 25 mph zone (and a zone where I've received a ticket before!) and by the time I got home and to my desk to write it down 5 minutes later--it was gone.

I confess doing the blog post about how to put together a manuscript brought it back.

I confess I feel as if I've confessed all this before.  Am I repeating myself?

~

I confess I used to love it when the warehouse guy at my old company used to refer to our work as "The Department of Redundancy Department."

I confess I'm happy I don't have an "old company" anymore to work for, though freelancing is challenging.  Though freelancing is challenging, I have more time.

~
I confess every action is a choice.  I know this.  Sometimes I have to remind myself that feelings are choices too.

~

I confess this confession feels kind of Easter eggish, kind of every color on the rainbow and I've been rolling around in the orange dye a little too long, a little many ideas in my hardboiled mind.

Amen.
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails