Thankful Thursday - Other Bloggers: Kristin Berkey-Abbott, January O'Neil & Susan Rich

January, me, Kristin, Susan in DC - Busboys & Poets Reading

While I've confessed that AWP can feel overwhelming to me, here is one of the reasons I feel these big events are important-- for the smaller moments.

I have never been good in big groups or large parties, but I am awesome one-on-one, and pretty decent in a party of four.

For me, I will live through the uncomfortable feeling of a large group to meet people I'm really interested in knowing.  More than anything, I love talking to other poets.  I love a moment like this where all of us, from our various locations can come together.

For this I am thankful.  Thankful for my poetry friends, for Susan, for January, for Kristin.
For giving a reading in a city 2800 miles from home and having people show up.


For the $3.99 yellow sweater dress I am wearing.  Um, I mean, for the opportunity to read in a new place with new friends and old friends.



Share

Comments

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.