How You Can Support Individual Artists and Projects #kickstarter

 I learned about Kickstarter today.  A cool way to help all kinds of artists support their dreams, goals and visions.

A friend of mind was looking for support for a project he's doing (see above).  What's cool is you can support this project with any amount of money, yes, even $1.  I think that's fantastic.

Anyway, I am a "backer" of the project and have browsed through kickstarter to see what other projects are going on.  In a time when we are watching the arts being cut, I find myself wanting to support other artists (call it a volunteer tax) and this may be a way to do it.


Comments

  1. I try to give a shout-out to various projects on kickstarter. I've supported several, including a couple for Haiti. One thing important to keep in mind is that a project's funding goal has to be reached for the artist to receive the monies; this is why even the smallest amounts are important.

    This one looks especially interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maureen,

    Good to know! I had no idea about this website or that this was available. Pretty fantastic.

    If the goal isn't met, what happens to the cash? Is it refunded? I'd be annoyed if Amazon (which was oddly how I paid) got the money and not this organization.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maureen,

    I looked it up-- No money changes hands or I'm not charged if the project doesn't get full funding.


    How do I pledge?
    To pledge to a project, just click the green “Back This Project” button on any project page. You will be asked to input your pledge amount and select a reward. From there, you will go through the Amazon checkout process. Note that you must finish the Amazon checkout process for your pledge to be recorded.


    If I make a pledge, when is my card charged?

    If the project you’re backing is successfully funded, your card will be charged when the project reaches its funding deadline. If the project does not reach its funding goal, your card is never charged. That's why we call them pledges.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.