Monday, December 27, 2010

Life After Christmas: New Poetry Books (thanks Santa) & a Blog Remodel



Good Monday, Friends!

If you celebrate Christmas, did you enjoy it?
If you don't celebrate Christmas, did you enjoy your day?

Christmas Past & Christmas Presents:

I had an incredible Christmas.  Being around my family and good friends really just reminds me why we are all here and yes, what's important.

I think I am finally to the point where I actually feel like an adult in that I get much more pleasure giving than getting.  This probably seems normal in your life, but I must say, even in my 30's I loved to get gifts (think Sue Sylvester on the Glee Christmas special).  Yes, I would rig a Secret Santa giveaway if I could.

But I must be growing up.  I was 28 before I got my cheekbones, maybe I'm just a late bloomer in life.  Yes, I am pretty sure I am.

As for Christmas gifts, I only asked for a few items this year, 2 new poetry books, a new pillow and some ragwool socks from Eddie Bauer.  And guess what, Santa brought me all of them (the bonus of having a short list).

My two new poetry books:  Dear God, Dear Dr. Heartbreak  Aliki Barnstone (and I believe White Pine Press will be publishing a new book by her next year - I love her work!)  and Terrance Hayes Lighthead.  Okay, admittedly, I'm the last person in the poetry world getting this book, but I got it!

Also someone a couple months ago commented on this blog that her husband got a water-based pillow when I was complaining that I spent $20 on what I thought was the perfect pillow (but wasn't) and I got one of those--Mediflow Waterbase Fiberfill Pillow  and I'm loving it! (Thank you for that comment!)

I do keep a fleece pillowcase on it because underneath it can get a little cooler because of the water (and I'm one of those people who sometimes sleeps in bizarre positions with hands under pillow, arms grasping pillow, etc. etc.) so I did notice it was cooler.  But I love being able to add water to change the firmness of the pillow.

It's crazy-heavy (I think I filled mine to medium-firm), but it's been great to have it stay fluffed all the night.  I'm sounding a little obsessive over my pillow (I am), but if you have pillow issues like I have, this might be a life changer for me.  I'll keep you informed.  (My biggest concern is that there is water in this pillow and I may inadvertently be growing sea monkeys in my sleep).

~

New Year's Remodel:

And yes, it might look a little different around here.

I'm trying to clean up my blog and remodel a bit.  If you've been a reader to this blog, you know this is normal for me. I remember one reader saying something about it reminding it of his mom when he was growing up, sometimes he'd come home to find the couch in a new place.  Yes, I've moved the couch as well as paintings on the walls.

I hope you can still find a place to sit here and enjoy and hope you're liking the new look as well as the content.

We will see how it ends up on January 1st...

~

Want Your Name on the Walls?

Oh and by the way, I'm adding/cleaning up my People in the Neighborhood blog list and if you're not on it and want to be - please leave me a note in this comment with your full name and blog link and I'll add you.

Or if you're on my list and want off, please let me know that too!

~



Share
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails