Phantom Tollbooth Fans: A New Book by Norton Juster arrives

The Phantom TollboothThe Phantom Tollbooth


I loved this book as a child.  I even have an autographed version I got when Norton Juster visited Seattle.


I remember being in 4th or 5th grade and going into my school's library.  I know exactly what shelf this was on seeing it between all the thin books-- The Phantom Tollbooth--the fattest book on that shelf.  


I remember deciding that I must read this book.


I did and it has been one of my favorite books since then.


I just learned a couple days ago on NPR that, Norton Juster has reconnected with his illustrator and now have a new book out!


Here's the details and a link to the story--


Fans of a boy named Milo, a watchdog called Tock and a pompous Humbug had reason to rejoice on Wednesday -- the day that a picture book called The Odious Ogre was released. Written by Norton Juster and illustrated by Jules Feiffer, the book marks the first time that Juster and Feiffer have collaborated since creating The Phantom Tollboothtogether in the early 1960s.





The Odious OgreThe Odious Ogre

Share



Comments

  1. Norton was one of my former patrons at the bookstore (and *is* one of my favorite people in life) -- we still have the stuffed llama & card he gave Vincent when he was born -- and he's simply wonderful. He called me when my chapbook came out to request a signed copy, a big thrill for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really!?

    Very cool.
    I am most definitely a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie-- JEALOUS! How cool! Thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.