Firefighter's Wife

What you may not know about me is that I am married to a firefighter.

Mostly, I hope that his day at work will be safe and while there may be fires or medical emergencies, that he will come home.

Today, I just want to take a moment from talking about poetry, my small life, books, and all the other things that you might read on this blog to pay recognition to the 343 firefighters who lost their lives 9 years ago on September 11th.

If you want to see them all and their names, the NY Times honors the rescuers here.


Thank you to all the everyday heroes who go to work not knowing what they might see, who they might help, or if they may come home.

~

Thank you.

Share

Comments

  1. Thank you for this.

    And thanks to your husband for what he does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thank you to your husband. And also for this. I suppose my posting of a rosemary branch & a mention of the anniversary was too vague for some people. I must admit that I'm very annoyed for "oh I love rosemary" comments shouldn't annoy me. But I'm annoyed, esp. being in a city where this happened. Sigh.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful sentiments on this day and all others.kjm

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.