How You Can Help Wildlife Impacted by the BP Oil Spill - National Wildlife Federation



How You Can Help Wildlife Impacted by the BP Oil Spill - National Wildlife Federation

If you've been feeling as if there's nothing you can do regarding this oil spill (this is what I think about daily), you CAN support the organizations who have the skills to care for the injured animals and wildlife.

The National Wildlife Federation has set up mobile giving services to support their work in the Gulf Coast. Donors can send a text message with the code "WILDLIFE" to 20222 to automatically give a $10 donation to help wildlife affected by the oil spill.
****The money raised by this will go directly to help the oil spill.


Also, here's a list of 10 things you can do. I must say, I am sadly a little too vain to shave my head to help out, but I appreciated the other ideas very much!

Also, another article in the NY Times if you're interested:
GREEN COLUMN

Environmentalists Use Oil Spill as a Rallying Cry





To be honest, my poet's heart can only take about 1% of these stories before shutting down and breaking off.

 For any of you who are animal lovers, green folks, environmentalists, or just well, human, these have been hard days to take. For me, I find helping in whatever ways I can gives me a small sense of power, a tiny sense, but a sense. And the more of us who are helping, the more power we have.

I have emailed the White House, which honestly, felt a little dumb, but hopeless people do hopeful acts. So please feel free to share these links and this information with others. If our small group can grow, then we can make a difference.

Comments