Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Confession Tuesday

The Poet & Her Violin

Thank you for participating in last week's crush edition Confession Tuesday.  It was fun to hear about the many poetry crushes.  And how I can understand them, poets are such crushable people.

But it's a week later and I must confess something, something, something.  I'm not even sure where to begin.  To the confessional--

I confess last week of canceling all my plans except for my writing group and movie preview party was one of the best things I've done in a long time.

I am an introvert with extrovert tendencies and an optimistic mind.  The three things combined cause me to make plans that sound fantastic with the belief that I will be able to go go go, when in reality, I find myself wishing I was staying home with book.


I confess I was the same girl in high school who used to skip parties to stay at home.


I confess I had a violin recital Saturday.  I looked like Elf (think the Will Ferrell movie) as I was both the oldest and tallest violin student.

I have been taking violin lessons for the last year and I love it.  I played in elementary school through high school in what was lovingly called "Dorkestra," but I was never any good.  I'm still not wonderful, but I  enjoy playing.

I played Gavotte in G Minor and The Irish Washerwoman.  And I nailed the Irish Washerwoman! (though not literally as that would be wrong).

And while I know I should be too old or too mature to be motivated or excited by awards, I was thrilled that I got my Level 3 tassel.  I rock!


I am still inspired by the film Who Does She Think She Is? and will probably be talking about it for a while.


I confess I am so glad so many of us create things.




  1. That means so much to me coming from you! Thank you, Rebecca! xo


Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails