Confession Tuesday - Alone does not mean Lonely




I confess my confessions aren't as edgy as some would like, which leads me to confess that I am not an edgy person (surprise). In fact, I tend to like (love) routine and staying home.

I prefer intellectual exercise over physical exercise.

I like the microwave cleared and on zero and not some random number it was just left on, stopped mid-cycle.

I like cereal for breakfast always. I like BFD (breakfast for dinner) when it comes to omelets, french toast or pancakes.

I like my bed made every morning.

And I confess, I like to be alone more than I like to be with others. Or maybe I need to have just as much alone time as I do together time. Because I love seeing my friends, but I also love the space I get to myself to think or read or write.

~

I have been enjoying some at home time. In fact, I love time to myself and time to do nothing. I know many people freak out when they don't have anything to do or they randomly start calling people looking for activities. I confess I am not that person.

I love to spend time in my writing shed alone.

I confess there are many times I don't pick up the phone.

I confess I once hid under my desk when someone knocked at the door (you can see my desk if you were too look through our side window) because I was in the middle of writing and didn't want to be disturbed.

In this case, I think I may have taken it a little too far, though there's another part of me that thinks I got it exactly right!


Share







Comments

  1. I also do not answer my door if someone unexpected comes knocking. And I screen calls (I love the feature on my phone that lets me have different rings for family, friends, or some random 800 number.) Writing time is important and must be protected! I'm going to have some this afternoon...stuck in a hotel on a rainy afternoon. Perfect time for quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I confess I so do not enjoy answering the door that my sister has taken to using a special knock and apologizing if she didn't call first because she forgot her phone. This happened late last week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. We'd make for great friends :)

    About not answering the phone: go one step further; turn off the ringers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.