Confession Tuesday

Dear Reader, it's been 7 days of sunny (and one rainy) day of weather since I confessed.



Some days I am not good at remembering what I've done.  I would guess that most of my sins revolve around poor clothing options and/or TV shows I watched.  Let's just begin...

to the confessional--

Under the category of "Vanity kills, it don't pay bills" ---

I confess, as much I know it's wrong, I wore socks (wool Eddie Bauer socks) with sandals (Tevas).  Sadly, you can get away with this in the NW a lot more than anyplace else in the country so there is not external punishment for dressing as if you live in a log cabin.  I honestly think that wool socks and fleece are our clothing of choice up here.  But I knew it was wrong and I did it anyway.  (Hello Seattle, I am a mountaineer...)

I confess I tried, so tried, to grow my hair out long and well, I hate it.  I am getting it cut next week and while I won't go as short as I will in the fall (I *heart* short hair in the fall), I am so through with long hair.

1)  I just don't look good in long hair.
2)  It takes too long to dry.
3)  I am not a Victoria Secret model and thus do not need to have long hair.
4)  I have no idea how to style it.
5)  I just think I am past that age where I look good in long hair.
6)  I think I look as if I'm trying too hard and I guess I feel more like myself with shorter hair, even though there are a few short haircuts that make me feel like a) the lunchlady  b) that I have mom-hair.  But... I will take that chance.  Yes, I am crazywild like that.

I confess, I truly believe I will always be searching for the perfect haircut.

Under the category of BoobTube Bonanza--


While I don't watch too much television I seemed to have gotten hooked on a few Sunday night shows.  It's amazing how quick that can happen and how desperate one becomes to see the celebrities (this was a clue to the 3 shows I watched on Sunday).

I confess my family and I started watching Amazing Race together every Sunday.  (I wanted the cowboys to win, dang, they came in 2nd.)  I really like how it shows different parts of the world and the cultures there as well as how poorly people act in stressful situations-- there's a lot to be learned on how to treat each other kindly it seems.

I found myself watching Desperate Housewives though I missed many shows so I'm holding tight trying to figure out what is going on.  There are a lot of hostage situations.  I am not sure what neighborhood they live in, as our biggest issues are sheep escaping their fences and raccoons, eagles, and coyotes that eat cats (and small dogs).

And I confess I watched Celebrity Apprentice because Cyndi Lauper was on it (though now she has been fired so I can quit.)  Though technically, I only watched the last hour, I still watched, I could have turned the tv off.

Three shows in one night?  I can see how TV can easily become a habit.

*  *  *

What else to confess?

And Your Writing Life, m'dear?

I have *not* been submitting but made a deal with Susan Rich that I'd submit to 4 places in the month of May.  So far I am at zero.

Issue 1 of 2010 for Crab Creek Review is finally out and being mailed to our subscribers!

I just accepted 3 poems today and Ronda accepted about 12 more from 7 poets.  We meet with Lana on Wednesday morning to accept even more for Issue 2: 2010!

I have the decided the theme song to being an editor and putting together issues is this--

This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started singing it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because...

Thankfully, we try to take summer off.  I confess I'd like a little summer.


Amen!

Comments

  1. Do you think it's time to get "the club" going so we can work on submissions together. I really appreciated the weekly push to get my work out there.

    You and Susan are the dynamic duo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should totally do the club! One last hurrah before summer kicks in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping that I could work enough before summer so that I could afford the summer off, but the wedding seems to be making that impossible so far. Your mention of summers off makes me want to try even harder to make it work.
    Thanks for the reminder and the unintentional kick-in-the-butt that I was needing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the good work! I invite you to see my post, I hope you will find interesting too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.