Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin & Mary Pipher

The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More FunOne of the next book on my reading list is The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun by Gretchen Rubin.

Gretchen also has a great blog here and this post made me smile--Are you the one that other people find difficult?

One of the questions--

--Do you think it important to express your true feelings and views authentically, even if that means upsetting other people?


*****


I had to smile as I read this given my confession on Tuesday that I knew it was my perspective that needed to change when I was finding people "annoying" (in quotes because it was my mood that was mussing up my perspective).




Anyway, I can't wait to read Gretchen's book.  


I finished Living Oprah and I'm currently reading Seeking Peace: Chronicles of the Worst Buddhist in the World  and so far, it's fantastic.  


Mary also has another book I enjoyed and completely recommend:
  Writing to Change the WorldWriting to Change the World


I read this a few years ago while getting my MFA and it changed the way I thought about things, which is always good.  I think it's due for another read...



Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails