Book Cover Art Reveal - Letters from the Emily Dickinson Room

"Her Garden" by Catrin Welz-Stein


Here's the image that will be on my next book, due out in October 2010.

It was created by a woman artist living in Switzerland named Catrin Welz-Stein. You can read an interview with her here.

It was synchronicity I found this image. I had randomly googled "House Bird Artwork" (which were two things I was thinking about in regards to my manuscript) and ended up on a blog that happened to have another image of her work, which I was taken by.

When I saw this piece, entitled, "Her Garden," I knew it was the image for me. It represented everything I felt my manuscript was about-- what we keep hidden and what we reveal.

And to make it even more perfect, she is holding a bird, an image I have felt very close too these past years while I have been working on this manuscript, "Hope is a thing with feathers..." And also, she is an artist who is also a mother, something I understand and respect.

So there you are. My cover art.

I'll reveal later what the whole shebang looks like (title, cover, etc.), but I just wanted to focus on the image right now. Baby steps into the elevator...

~

Comments

  1. Dear Kelli, that artwork is BEYOND gorgeous! I think it is well-suited to your material. I cannot wait to learn more!!!
    ♥Theresa♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! And to have your publisher work with what you want, what a sweet relationship!

    I see you bit the bullet and tweet now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa--

    Thank you! I am so glad you like it. I really spoke to me when I saw it. I so appreciate your note!

    Michael-- Thanks! Yes, my publisher has been great! beyond great!

    And I *kind of* tweet. Martha Silano was trying to get me going, but I so don't get it. I'm trying to, I tend to think this will be another phase for me, but I'm trying!

    tweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelli--It's just beautiful. I love it! Looking forward to seeing it in my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!! Your book cover is going to be totally amazing, how gorgeous.
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's gorgeous! and even if i didn't know you, i would buy a book with that on the cover. i'm totally one of those people that is seduced by packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelli--what a great, great cover! Looking forward to hearing more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wondered over here from your comment on the OWOH giveaway (at my blog http://lifeunity.blogspot.com) - this was the first image I saw and I was immediately in love!

    I can't wait to read ore to find out about your book and to sign up for your OWOH giveaway.

    So exciting! Thanks for visiting my site and best wishes!

    Lisa
    #1086 from Indiana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. WOW!

    What rich & richly evocative cover art--congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is fantastic! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This cover art is beautiful, intriguing and evokes the mystery of a different kind of secret garden. I can't wait to read your book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful. I'm sure it's the perfect complement to your poetry. I can't WAIT to read this new book. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing piece of art you have chosen for your cover. It speaks volumes. Right place, right time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is perfect. There is nothing like finding the right cover for your book. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is GORGEOUS. I would totally pick up a book with that cover art for closer examination even if the author's name meant nothing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! I would buy that book even if I didn't know you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your new book sounds interesting, I will have to look further,,,and the cover art is amazing. I might have to post about this artist and your book. Do you mind?
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much everyone! I so appreciate your comments and support.

    And Marcie, yes, of course, feel free to post about my book and the artist, that would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! Stunning image. Should be a gorgeous cover.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.