The Day After...


Okay, I'm still floating from my poetry news yesterday. A few of you may have received odd emails from me between 2-4:30 am in the morning because yes, I was awake.

Apparently, good news creates adrenalin in me causing me not to be able to sleep. I usually deal with bad stress by taking a nap as sleeping is my defensive mechanism, however it seems good news keeps me up. Who knew?

There were so many weird synchronicities about this news. Jeannine was ready to call me at 9 am yesterday to tell me she had a dream I won a book prize. My friend A, when returning my call said, "You won a book prize, didn't you?" The request to the universe thing. The odd coincidences that have been happening in my life. And what is great is that it was still a huge surprise to me.

And what has been incredible wonderful is all the emails, facebook notes, comments, phone calls of people calling to say, Congratulations. I am overwhelmed and touched at the generosity of you all and really so appreciative of all the support from both poets and not-poets!

Anyway, I don't want to turn this into a virtual Oscar speech, but I do want to make sure you know how much I appreciate the good wishes and support. It is inspiring to me as a writer and I am saving all your notes, messages, comments, voicemails, so I can return to them when the news isn't so good and I am feeling like a 1) fraud 2) loser 3) wannabe 4) funkmaster K 5) rejected poet.

But I am trying to keep this "I can't believe I won" feeling going for a bit. I'm kind of enjoying it. A lot.

* * *

Comments

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I just read the post about your big win. What amazing news. I hope you can hold onto the feeling forever! Can't wait to see your book! (And I plan to subscribe to your journal this weekend--I didn't realize you edited Crab Creek Review. I'm so excited to "know" someone who does this kind of work--it seems fascinating!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm with you on the adrenalin thing! and such a good reason to not be able to sleep :)

    although i do stock up on nyquil so i can knock myself out when it gets to be too much.

    keep on savoring!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.