Confession Tuesday



It's been another wild week, I'm not sure where to begin so let me just jump in.



I confess that while I feel terrible about the effects of global warming, there is a part of me that is thrilled what it is doing to our weather here in the Northwest.



I confess there is a My Little Pony hanging with a noose around its neck from our laundry room door. This is not because we are mean people, but because we were trying to amuse our cats.

I confess I mountain biked 15 miles yesterday, and I confess this is more of a brag than a confession.

My mountain bike partner has a bear bell on her bike and if I get too far ahead (or too far behind), I get nervous when I can't hear it. I have no sense of direction and feel completely lost on the trails. The only way we return from our adventure is through her ability to navigate through evergreens.

I confess we have never seen a bear while riding, but we have seen lots of bear poop, an owl, and some deer.



I confess I tried twice to get the above photo uploaded correctly and I couldn't do it.

I confess I read the sign a few ways--

Never Grow Old,


God.
Never Grow, Old God
Never, Grow Old God
Or
Never Grow "Old God"

It's amazing what punctuation can do. Or line breaks. My favorite reading is

Dear Friend,

Never Grow Old.

God

Comments

  1. In Albuquerque there's a church called "First Spanish Fruit Avenue Baptist Church."

    The name of the church is mounted on the outside wall in large letters, and one one of the walls the words are arranged more or less in two columns, side by side:

    First Spanish
    Fruit Avenue
    Baptist Church

    only with more space than that between the two columns.

    So that when I first glanced at it, I read the columns top to bottom instead of side to side, and thought it said, "First Fruit Baptist Spanish Avenue Church."

    Got me busy for a minute, trying to figure out what a "fruit baptist" was...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the last reading the best too. Although I have a different perception of growing old - all physically, emotionally and cognitively - and I don't want to get caught in the fear and negativity. In Romania we have a saying that goes like: if you don't have an old person at home, then go out and buy one. Anyway, why a I going on about this.

    15 miles? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the last reading, too. It's kind of a poem in itself.

    Wow, 15 miles is impressive. And, sorry, the My Little Pony on a noose makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we have one of those little troll dolls on a shoe string for the cats but i like the my little pony idea A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For a few days, we had a one-legged naked Barbie lying on the floor. She made her way around the house, cats...dog... I finally threw her away!

    15 miles is so awesome!

    I like the last reading, too. That's how I read it, too.

    I love the way I continually mis-hear/mis-read things, be it people, signs, menus, book titles. It always always makes for great poetry!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.