Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday Meditations

Today is a writing day for me. It began officially 8 minutes ago. This kind of counts as writing, but not the two other projects I am working on-- one poem, one essay/longer creative non-fiction work. But it kind of counts.

*

An early confession--

I realize how much I love chocolate covered espresso beans. I only tried them for the first time a month ago. (I never tried them because I couldn't imagine chewing on an espresso bean and it tasting good.

*

Another early confession-- (I will nothing for tomorrow)--

I am starting to forgive Amazon. And I'm not sure how I feel about this.

*

I'm carrying a stone in my left hand all day today because it's part of my art class. Every time I remember it's there I have to say my life's mission statement (which has been edited down to "To live authentically and with faith." I keep leaving my rock places and have to go retrieve it.

*

I just found a wasp in my writing shed. They love wood. I'm hoping it doesn't like my shed as much as I do. I put it in a yellow smiley face mug and brought it into the garden. Sweet wasp.

*

I saw 8 herons on the mudflat the other day. That was a visual poem.

*

I want to blown away by a new poet. No anyone amazing?

*

Be well, write lots.



~
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails