Ooooh baby baby, it's a wild world...



From the MSNBC article:

Brothers dressed in patriotic costumes join in an anti-tax "tea party" in Lafayette Park across from the White House on Wednesday.
Karen Bleier / AFP-Getty Images

****Um, shouldn't "patriotic" be in quotes?

Also from the article--

In Washington, D.C., protesters planned to dump a million tea bags in Lafayette Square. But they promised to put the bags on tarps and clean up afterward so as not to make a mess.


****Well, at least they are tidy revolutionists.
________________________

Also, the word teabagging has been thrown about as if it only refers to taxes. If you decide to rename yourself from citizen to teabagger, you may want to do a little research first as the teaparty you go to may have nothing to do with taxes.


Pirates. Teabagging. Pizza makers gone bad (don't read this story if you ever want to order pizza delivery again...)

Every once in a while I just want to the news to say, Guess what everyone? We're all right. I guess that's what poetry is for.


Now back to writing...

*

Comments

  1. Woah, woah, poetry wizard woman; you are on fire! "Whimper" is smart, funny, HILARIOUS, really, but the one using the "So we decided" prompt is amazingly, wonderfully good. I can't get myself to post a poem a day, write a poem a day, think like a poet a day, but YOU, my goodness, you. I am so inspired by your talent, resolve, and whatever else it takes to not only pound one out a day, but help everyone else pound 'em out too!! GO KELLS!

    xo, m

    PS I must confess that every time i hear the word "pirate" on NPR, I get this "are they really saying PIRATE?" reaction. I mean: Pirates. I know they are "criminals" (as Clinton referred to them, Secretary of State Clinton, another "Could this really have happened?" moment for me, which also goes for "President Obama," but of course in a good way on both counts), but it's hard not to wonder if (1) they are just hungry and poor and (2) if they have parrots on their shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Marty! You always know what to say to make me feel good. And I agree with you on pirates-- you said it perfectly!

    hope you're enjoying Spokane! (you put the "can" in Spokane!) ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.