Oh ya, the final poem of NaPoWriMo 2009 - welcome #30

For today's prompt, I want you to write a farewell poem. After all, we are saying farewell to another wonderful National Poetry Month. Say farewell to this month; say farewell to a vacation spot; say farewell to a bad relationship; say farewell to work; say farewell to school; say farewell to saying farewell even. Hopefully, I won't be saying farewell to you; please stay in touch and let me know of your successes as we keep poeming toward the horizon


Saying Goodbye



Because .



And good news for anyone who wants to write a poem a week, Robert will be posting prompts every Wednesday on his blog. The next one starting on May 6th


Thanks for tolerating my obsessions this April. I appreciate you for hanging on through the good poems and the bad.

xo

Comments

  1. What a lovely closing poem to NaPoWriMo/PAD. I have to write my last one soon.

    I'm a little sad to see NPM go.
    *sniff* *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the acronymns. I'm sad to see those go, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, it's been a long short month! It's kind of amazing to do such an experiment. You definitely got some keepers from your month!

    But yes, sniff sniff, we get our lives back -

    Happy May!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all the goodbyes that you never really give a thought to, not really, or at least not consciously. It's nice to see them here, nice to be reminded.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s a prayer
    to step out of bed every morning
    knowing you may be the one receiving
    the get well card or perhaps the one
    signing her name.
    I think that this is a wonderful passage - it resonates with me so much right now at this particular moment in my life. This poem really came to me at the right time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.