Monday, January 05, 2009

Monday Meditations

*

Last night I had a dream that I signed up for adult drama camp. I just remember realizing we might be making a musical and saying, "I can't sing. I can't sing." And someone saying, "There are no small parts, just small chickens."


*

I made the cat faint by playing Boogie Superstar on the Wii. And no, this wasn't a dream. It was my karaoke abilities that seized the cat.


*


Chocolate chip cookies are my fav.



*


I have already learned two of my birthday gifts. One was unintentionally, one not.


*

I don't trust moms who make their family seem too perfect. It makes me wonder what they are hiding.


*


The "done brewing" beep on our coffee pot is too loud and it seems there is no way to turn it off.


*


We're on a 2-hour delay for school, so we all got to sleep in and relax our way back to a normal schedule. And I'm not complaining about this. At all.


* * *


I'm realizing some of these meditations fall under "confessions," so consider this a preview I guess...



-

3 comments:

  1. That was fun to read. I love the part about the "done brewing" beep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "There are no small parts, just small chickens."

    I broke up laughing at that. :)

    (When I entered this comment, I got come kind of browser error, so trying again here. In case it winds up showing twice, feel free to deleted the duplicate.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Sorry, couple of typos -- that should say "some" kind of browser error, and "delete" the duplicate...)

    ReplyDelete

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails