It's been an interesting end of the year, the snow has melted (mostly), the rain has returned, and I'm thinking about the new year.
To the confessional--
1) I learned today that I didn't win the book prize I was a finalist for. It was for Univ of Wisc. & I learned Robert Pinsky was the judge. He chose 2 other poets (one male, one female)to be winners. I was a bit bummed, but life goes on.
I'm thinking if I learn if I'm a finalist again, I might take the opposite approach, which is not to tell anyone. If you know me, this goes against every cell in my body because I believe in the power of good (and plentiful) energy. Can you see a little superstitious Capricorn typing this post...ya, maybe.
2) I couldn't stay bummed too long after receiving the rejection letter from Wisconsin because I was off to choose my new (old) violin. I played the violin for over 5 years and somehow always managed to remain below-average. I'm now finally ready to leave 4th chair, second violin for good.
My lessons begin on January 8th, the day before my 40th birthday. My violin has been chosen and is home with me. I hope to post some photos of it soon, maybe next week when my bow is ready.
3) We didn't go see Benjamin Button tonight because I saw it was a 3 hour movie and honestly, long movies always feel like too big of a commitment for me. Instead we stayed home and rented Iron Man (loved it).
4) I make resolutions each year. I'm working on being more patient (in all -most- aspects of my life). And continuing to be imperfect (and this one I'll achieve with flying colors).
5) I'm glad that even when the world sends rejections, they don't take away my chocolate supply.
6) I'm going to go talk to my violin about this poetry stuff.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Most Popular Posts
Available Now! If you love poetry exercises, you may want to check this out-- Poetry writing prompts for EVERY day of the year (inc...
Okay, I'll be honest, this is what I really want, a BookBook by 12 South-- Twelve South BookBook for iPad in Red ($69.99) It'...