NaPoWriMo #6

Goodbye Strange Poem...


When I said

*poof*

Comments

  1. Is the "sunrise is sunrise is sunrise" line a play on Gertrude Stein's "rose is a rose?" I could be totally off; I was looking through Stein yesterday because I'm using one of her quotations in a poem, and so that line stood out to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allyson,

    Great question! I hadn't even been thinking about "Sacred Emily" but sheesh, I did sort of steal from Stein there (and I kind of love that I did). It must be in my subconscious. It makes me want to go read a little Stein right now. Maybe I will.

    Thanks for mentioning that!

    It wasn't an intentional nod to Stein, but definitely a nod!

    best,
    Kel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.