Sunday Morning Thoughts


Jerry Garcia
Originally uploaded by deco4macro

It's Sunday morning. I went to bed earlier than I normally do and slept for 10 hours. 10 hours of wacky dreams, the strangest included being at a small concert with Jerry Garcia who went on stage with a woman (a woman I swear was a poet) and sang a duet. I just remember thinking that I had a duet after them (and I don't sing) and wondering what the heck I was going to do.

This morning I woke up and my daughter said it was Parent Appreciation Day and brought me breakfast in bed. (Is there such a thing?) She also turned on the Sunday Morning Show (my favorite show that I always miss). I think what I love about having a daughter is watching how her mind works and races from parent appreciation day to "does Antarctica have wars?" Still, one of the hardest things for me as a parent is that I never realized is how vulnerable it has made my own heart in regards to her. I also never realized how it would bring out my mama bear role.

But it’s Sunday morning and it’s time to return to the fire, the couch and the books, but I thought I’d stop in since Jerry made an appearance and just as I assume there is a huge group of people who have dreamed about Bill Clinton (I think I read he was the #1 celebrity in dreams) that there are still a group of people who dream about Jerry Garcia.

Here are two of my favorite JG quotes:


Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

&

You do not merely want to be considered just the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones who do what you do.

Comments

  1. Hmm. Celebrities in dreams.

    Sometime a few months ago I dreamed I went to Oprah Winfrey's house, met Oprah briefly, and and left with a bunch of prizes she gave me. She just picked them up off a table and gave them to me. I don't remember what any of the prizes were.

    My all-time favorite dream with a celebrity:

    A number of years ago I had a dream with Joni Mitchell in it. I went with a friend to Joni Mitchell's house.

    Being of a more or less discreet bent, I probably should say no more... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.