Short Takes on My Day

Black feathered birds--

When the mail lady arrives I hear the crows asking, "Did it come? Did it come? Did it come?" Not today, as I shut my mailbox and the scatter from the powerlines.


*


Inspired--
Today on a walk listening to another Poetry Foundation podcast, I heard an eagle screech between the lines of a Terrance Hayes poem.

*


Breakfast at the elementary school--


Cinnamon Toast Sticks, cereal, chocolate milk in plastic bags.


*


Tabby--

There is no doubt about it, if my cat were bigger, she'd eat me.

*



Things I did Last Night--
Freaked out over an itchy tag and cut a hole in my cashmere sweater. Brilliant.


*

My best friend is a space heater.

Comments

  1. I love the Poetry Foundation's podcast. And cutting a hole in a sweater is right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Always love to hear from you...and the anonymous option is open for those feeling shy.